Different Behaviors and Different Flavors in the Time of Corona

BNormal, Illinois
May 1, 2020

The other day I was admiring some flowers just north of a busy intersection when there was a big CRASH! behind me and I looked to see the aftermath of a collision between a new-looking big black SUV and a small definitely used white car. The small car continued across the intersection and pulled over, while the black car backed up over its own almost-torn-off bumper and turned to pull over near the other car.


I saw a youngish gal get out of the SUV and immediately look under her car to find where the bumper went. I thought it might have been of more immediate concern to see if the driver of the other vehicle was O.K. before figuring out where the bumper got to, but I was probably already judging and assigning blame, although I didn't witness the crash.

An older guy, about my age (68) got out of the small car and I immediately felt for him. For all I know, the guy had been whacked out of his gourd on medical marijuana and just ran through the intersection, but I had already created a narrative that included a very selfish Millennial and a very overwhelmed old Boomer.

Neither one wore a mask, which kinda machts nix, given they were just driving and not releasing Covid Cooties so much, but then nowadays almost everybody has a mask hanging around his or her or their neck or sitting on top of his, her, or their head. Then I saw the following article and the two things - event and article - informed each other:

https://www.verywellmind.com/how-different-generations-are-responding-to-covid-19-4802517

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't know what

Break Time at Conception

Nazi State