Riding the Covid-19

BNormal, Illinois
April 28, 2020 

I just got back from Kroger’s after I first walked downtown to drop off recycling, and then turned around to go north past the dollar store to Kroger’s. I had a little adventure when I stopped at a point more than hallway back to wait for the bus because I was tired:


A little but muscular black guy in a tank top and a pork pie hat, to whom I have given a little money in the past, was talking nonstop to a nice plain young black woman, and she really didn’t pay much attention to him because he was just an old guy, blabbering and jabbering. He is in good shape, though. He was talking and talking and dancing around a little. I’m sure he does very little work but is just so charming and funny that he gets along and gets by and enjoys life. I had a red bandanna on my face because I put it on to go into Walgreen’s to see if they had any fresh flowers, but they didn’t. However, I had stopped to take a picture of some really nice tulips among some nice irises.


Well, the guy looked at me with my bank robber bandana, and he said, “Oh man! The last time I seen something like that, he was goin’ ‘Hiyo Silver!’”

I said, “Uh-huh, that’s right.” And he said, “Yep!”

So then the bus came and the girl and I went in via the back door, as they don’t allow people to enter the front door to spare the driver from Covid Cooties. I took a seat near the front, which was actually blocked from the driver another 15 feet, it seemed. There was a female passenger across from me wearing a surgical type mask and she said, “Hello! And how are you! You oughta be wearing a tank top!” It was pretty warm, and I had felt the sweat run down my back, and I had just seen the muscular brown man with his pork pie hat and his tank top and had thought he looked pretty comfortable, so I said, “Maybe I should be.” Then I saw that she was sort of a hippie throwback type of street person and she was wearing a colorful rainbow or Jamaican style of colors and she also had cute little earrings.

I said, “Those are nice earrings, and she said, “Yep – I wear those so they can identify me when I’m dead.” I said, “That’s nice – very nice. Now you take care and have a nice day.” Yes,” she said, “and the same to you!”


So, as per usual, it is a good day to be alive in America:

https://youtu.be/_3IICY5NKC0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't know what

Break Time at Conception

Nazi State