Reverberations in the Time of Isolation

BNormal, Illinois
March 21, 2020

I was walking to Walgreen's to get a pneumonia shot when I stopped at Reverberations just to look at the 33-1/3 albums they have lining the windows - stuff like B.B. King Sings Christmas Carols and the 13th Floor Elevators Greatest Hits - and a guy stopped to chat within a safe distance (heck, I think it was about 3 or 4 feet). He says, "Man, it's like walkin into the seventies when you go in there!" I says, "Yes, I know!" jabber jabber. It turns out the guy is the same age as me, and his uncle is Yusef Lateef, and I have one of his uncle's albums! Or I think I do - maybe he played with Idris Muhammed, whose Power of Soul album I know I have.

But we chatted for a nice while - him on his way to buy balloons for his 7-year-old granddaughter and me to get my geezer shot. Another kool adventure on the street!


https://youtu.be/Fr1bzAljIn8?list=PL_WDpf_Xeu3I-R_B-tlXTt70aCEpFyRyY

Add the story of the fat girl with the short shorts whom I told to put on some pants. Also add the fact that Sveta enjoys my stories, but she said that’s enough close-proximity chatting and I should not chat with any more crazy people and stay six feet away from them!

To paraphrase FDR on cigarettes: My Doctor Told Me to Stay as Far Away from Cigarettes as Possible.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't know what

Nazi State

Break Time at Conception