The Nice and the Snooty



December 22, 2019
Bloomington Illinois

I was out to Wally World again, and I ran into some really nice employees but also a couple snooty ones. Here is my narration:

At Wally World yesterday and today, I had run-ins with a couple of people who I call “snooty.” The one yesterday was a Walmart employee I asked to help me find some specific granola bars because there were tons of varieties and I needed a certain special bar. But instead of leading me to the granola bars, or explaining anything, she just kind of sneered at me with a screwed-up expression, like she had just bitten into a lemon, and she grunted and pointed down the aisle and I had to figure it out myself. It was hard, too – sheesh!

Then I needed to find something else, and I asked the same woman where the air fresheners were, and again she said, “Over there!” and jerked her head in the general direction of another aisle. I wondered if it was me and my essentially evil nature had been discovered and the whole fraudulent enterprise of my life had been revealed, and the jig was up, so I might as well say Sayonara, suckers, and make the final sign-off. But I thought I would try to find what I needed before doing any of that.

Then I was absolutely flummoxed by the astonishing variety of air fresheners and was to the point of thinking I should just throw out the garbage rather than getting some air freshener, so I asked another Walmart employee for help, and that woman spent a lot of time with me and I got what I wanted. She was really nice about it too, as if her life's validation didn't ride on her Facebook feed.

Then my sister and I were walking out to her car, and I related my story, and I said perhaps I should go back and politely tell the first employee that she was being rather snooty. She replied, “Yeah, you should go back and politely tell her she’s a BITCH!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't know what

Nazi State

Break Time at Conception