ARE YOU KIDDING ME???


June 14, 1992
Platte River State Park
Louisville, NE

Spent last night at the Louisville Recreational Area, and that's the last time I will stay for a good long while, till after Labor Day, at least. I've seen worse, but this was pretty bad in most places: wall-to-wall people in trailers and tents. When I got there and went to register, I asked the woman, "Do you have any private, secluded places? She snorted and said, "Are you kidding me?!"

I was hurt by this, having never been there before and not knowing the score. Then she apologized for being "facetious." I thought it was more like sarcasm myself - I need to compare the terms.

I located the assigned area and then relocated my tent near a place by the river next to a friendly couple. Right across the small gravel road was another group of people who had appropriated the picnic table from the adjacent campsite so as to have a little tent complex/kingdom separate from all the other campsites, complete with large American flags.

End of text - I must have blanked out the rest of the night, which I imagine was some sort of patriotic nightmare. I have camped at other places where I found the camping area so stressful that I went into town to a saloon to get a drink. LOL, as they say nowadays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't know what

Nazi State

Break Time at Conception