Polling Place


I walked into the polling place, which was staffed by several middle-to-older-age women, both black and white. I have never voted in a primary before – have you? I also wondered whether you are an American citizen or whether you might wish to be adopted by an American like a certain Vladimir Tim? Well, so I asked these women kind of timidly, “Can I vote Democratic?” and one black woman said, “You can do anything you want!” I said, “Anything?” “Yes,” she said. “Well,” I said, “I’d like to dance around in my underwear.” MUCH laughter from all the women, and a man at another table smiled too. They said they had been there all day and that was the biggest laugh they had all day. I said, “I can sing too,” and I started singing “Expressway to Your Heart” to the oldest black woman and she started laughing again. That was real fun – LOL. 😊 It really was. Then I went and voted for Joe Biden as my friend Scott had recommended.

Oh, another thing: I had on one of my Hawaiian shirts that I’ve gotten lots of compliments on, and as I was walking to the polls, a drunken bum said, “Hey man – you on vacation? You just get back from Florida? I like that shirt!” I have worn this shirt so many times when I go to the orthopedics place that the receptionists call me Mr. Vacation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't know what

Nazi State

Break Time at Conception